Note: Taiwan's Pescadore Islands (also known as the "Penghu Islands") are an archipelago of 64 islands in the Taiwan Strait about 25 to 30 miles west of Taiwan's southwest coast (center of map below). The islands are named after its biggest island, Penghu, which is where the capital Makung is located. Makung is about 40 minutes from Taipei by air.
1. June and Wil Tolbert (blue shirt-center) in the Pescadores. All the Dawg Flighters and guests on the trip flew from Taipei International Airport via Taiwan's China Air Lines to Makung on Penghu Island in the Pescadores.
2. Climbing a Pescadore Islands lighthouse spiral staircase are Will Tolbert (blue-lower center at "6 o'clock"), Richard "Rick" Aleshire (possible ID-green shirt on left at "9 o'clock"), Charles "Chuck" DeCarlo (with hat at top at "12 o'clock"). (The person with a white shirt below the others on the far left of the photo is not a Dawg).
3. Taking a break in the Pescadores are (from left) Danny Rish (NY), Mrs. June Tolbert, Paul Schultz and Charles "Chuck" DeCarlo (NV)
4. (From left) Wil Tolbert, Danny Rish (orange shirt), Buddy Ray Tallman (KY), Richard "Rick" Aleshire (possible ID-center, green shirt with two cameras), Charles DeCarlo (white shirt and camera), unidentified (far right-striped shirt).
1. "Buddy" Ray Tallman (KY) reads the 1972 best-seller "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" while listening to "Chicago" through his Pioneer CS-77a speakers, Dual 1219 turntable, and Sansui 5000a amp.
2. Charles "Chuck" DeCarlo (NV), Dawg Flight barracks 1972/73.
3. Charles "Chuck" DeCarlo (NV), barracks room 1972/73.
4. 1972 shot of Paul "Pope" Schultz (MI) on his bunk and Charles "Chuck" DeCarlo (NV). The barracks central stairwell to Charlie Flight upstairs and Baker Flight downstairs is visible through the doorway.
5. Paul Schultz in his room (1972) and Charles "Chuck" DeCarlo in the doorway (far left). Chuck DeCarlo's room was right across the hall from Paul's.
1. Lucy and Sam Daniel (NC) on the terrace of his Taipei apartment building 1971.
2. Sam and Lucy Daniel's engagement party at a Taipei restaurant in May 1973. Sam and Lucy are at the rear table in the far right corner of the room.
In the center of the first table are Jin Shia (Nancy) and Bill "OJ" Simpson (drinking-wearing jacket) who was on Dawg Flight 1969-71. Nancy is on Bill's right in white. Bill had just returned to Taiwan in April 1973 for his second tour on Dawg Flight (Apr 73-Dec 74). The others at the table are unidentified.
3. Sam Daniel in Taipei 1973.