(LEFT PHOTO) Five 1968 Dawg Flight softball team members on the Hill. Operations Compound is in background.
(From left) Rick Bennett ('67-'68), Ron “Guppy” Roach ('67-'68), Jack Pollock ('67-'68), Ken Van Cleave #57 ('67-'68), and Bill "Ole Man" Toni ('67-'68).
(RIGHT PHOTO) The 1968 Dawg Flight Basketball Team (above) during a game against Able Flight in the Linkou Gymnasium. Dawg players (white and blue uniforms):
Terry Curley #10 ('67-'68), Ron "Guppy" Roach (across from Curley), and "Unidentified" (at foul line). Bill Toni ('67-'68), the game's referee, is behind the basket (dark clothes, white shoes).
1. November 1968 pool party at Colonel Hoster's house outside of Taipei. (From left) Richard Fox ('67-'68), Cliff Schmidt (NC,'67-'68), Bill "Stick" Bonar (NC,'68-'70), Rick "Big Kahuna" Muller (RI,'68-'70), Mike Smith (AZ,'67-'69), and John Neider (NY,'67-'68).   2. Cliff Schmidt and Peggy Hoster.   3. Richard Fox outside Colonel Hoster's house.   4. (From left) Ron Roach (madras shirt), Terry Curley (white shirt), and Mike Smith (blue trunks) are chilling the beer. (Background) Cliff Schmidt (seated on left) and Rick Bennett (standing blond hair).
1. Bil Bonar (far left) outside of pool, and Cliff Schmidt (top), John Neider (middle), and Mike Smith (bottom) in the pool.   2. (From Left) John Neider, Mike Smith, and Clifford Schmidt. 3. (From Left) Mike Smith, Richard Fox, and John Neider.  4. (From Left) Bill Bonar (left background), Mike Smith, John Neider, and Richard Fox.
(1. & 2.) Bill Bonar (NC), on the left, and Tom "Jorgy" Jorgensen (OR). A couple of Dawg's "Finest" shown in their tech school class photo taken outside Thompson Hall at Keesler AFB, MS in Fall 1967. They ended up in the same training class at Keesler and also arrived together in January 1968 and extended their tours to 1970 at the best assignment in the entire USAFSS...Shu Linkou Air Station, and, of course, Dawg Flight. (Bill Bonar, Dawg Flight 1968-70, is also pictured in the 1968 "Pool Party" photos above).
3. Tom "Jorgy" Jorgensen (1968-70) toasting at the 1968 Dawg Flight Christmas party held at the downtown Linkou Club. On the left is SSgt. Bob "Huey" Hughes (1967-68).
4. Al Pirkle (Dawg Flt '67-'69, Able Flt '72-'76) on the left and Tom Jorgensen at the 1968 Dawg Flight Christmas party.
5. Rick "Big Kahuna" Muller (1968-70) in his Dawg Flight barracks room in 1970. Rick is also pictured in the 1968 "Pool Party" photos above.
1. Maurice Hartz (IA, 1968-69) and his wife arrived early for the 1968 Dawg Flight Christmas party.   2. Merle Meckley (PA, 1968-69) seated on the right facing the camera at the 1968 Dawg Flight Christmas party. The other Dawgs are unidentified.   3. Unidentified Dawg and guest at the 1968 Christmas party.
1. Bernie Koob (IA, 1968-69) napping in his Dawg Flight barracks room after working a mid.
2. 1969 shot of Juan "Pepe" (unknown last name, 1968-69) in the Dawg Flight barracks. "Pepe" is holding a bottle of "Seagram's VO" purchased for its prized "Short-Timers VO Ribbon" (click here) worn on your uniform with less than 30 days left on the island. All liquor, including "Seagram's VO", was purchased tax free at the West Compound's Embassy Shop in Taipei at a fraction of U.S. retail prices.
3. (From Left) Dennis "Oly" Olson (OR, Dawg Flight 1968-70), Danny Lewis (1968-69), and Bob "Panzy" Panzarella (RI, 1968-69) strolling along Chungshan "Pae Lu" in 1969.
4. 1968 shot of George Campani in Taipei (292X1, Dawg Flight 1968-69).